When I first started planning my trip to Osaka (Jan 9-11) I was worried that I would be bored and not have enough to do there, but after browsing through the Osaka Visitor's Guide, I ended up finding a lot of places that look interesting!
So my tentative itinerary looks something like this:
Sat. Jan. 9: (Evening arrival)
- check into hotel
- gyoza at the Namco Naniwa Gyoza Stadium (ナムコ浪花餃子スタジアム）
- Osaka Castle (大阪城) (night illumination)
- relax in hotel
Sun. Jan. 10:
- Shitennoji Temple (四天王時) (～8:30-9:00)
- Osaka Castle (大阪城) (～9:30-10:30)
- Osaka International Peace Center (ピースおおさか・大阪国際平和センター) (～10:30-11:30)
- Lunch (takoyaki?)
- Osaka Museum of History (大阪歴史博物館) (～12:30-14:00)
- Osaka Museum of Housing and Living (住まいミュージアム・大阪くらしの今昔館) (～14:30-16:00)
- Taiyuji Temple (太融時) (～16:15-16:45)
- Umeda Sky Building "Floating Garden" (梅田スカイビル･空中庭園) (～17:00-18:00)
- Okonomiyaki at BOTEJYU Dotonbori Head Restaurant (ぼてぢゅう總本店・道頓堀) (～18:30-19:30)
- Walking/shopping around Dotonbori (道頓堀) (19:30～)
Mon. Jan. 11:
- Waterworks Memorial Hall (水道記念館) (after hotel check out)
- omiyage shopping at Shin-Osaka Station =P
Now that I look at it, my schedule is actually quite jam-packed!
And of course, before going to Osaka on Saturday evening, I plan on going to the Ghibli Museum in the afternoon, and maybe even the Square Enix Character Goods Shop Showcase if I have enough time. =P
I'm really excited about this trip now! Before I felt like I was going just to eat takoyaki and okonomiyaki and to get Osaka crossed off my to-do list, but now I really can't wait to go! And maybe it's for the best that I'm going alone, after all. I mean, having company would've been great, but this way I can go at my own pace without worrying about another person.